August 18, 2026


my ideal morning routine ♡

Dear dollies, ♡

I’m definitely someone who needs a little structure in the morning. If I wake up and don't have some sort of routine to follow, I can very easily end up lazing around for the rest of the day ><

Of course, my mornings don't always look like this. But on the days when I feel especially productive and want to start my day on the right foot, this is pretty much my ideal morning routine.

♡ 2000s music & stretching

The first thing I do is put on my 2000s morning routine playlist [♡ ♪ 2000s morning routine ♡]. I need some good music playing while I get ready for the day, and this particular playlist puts me straight into that main-character-in-a-2000s-romcom mood.

I usually start with a little 5–10 minute stretch. Nothing too intense - just enough to wake my body up after sleeping and get myself moving.

After that, I brush my teeth and make my way to the kitchen, because breakfast is probably my favourite part of the morning. ♡

♡ breakfast & my iced coffee

I don't know exactly what it is, but there is something so comforting about having a simple breakfast while you're still a little snoozy. Maybe it's the quietness of the morning, or just knowing that you don't have to rush into the rest of your day yet.

I've also recently perfected my iced coffee, which has made breakfast even better.

I actually used to avoid coffee because it would always give me a stomach ache, and I assumed it was because I couldn't handle the caffeine. Turns out I just needed to use less coffee and more milk haha.

My current favorite is Oatly's Popcorn Flavour oat milk with a little drop of vanilla syrup. It's so creamy and sweet without being too much, and it has quickly become my favorite way to have coffee in the morning. ~

♡ a little crossword

This might sound a little grandma-ish, but while I eat my breakfast I like to do a crossword puzzle.

I originally started doing them because I wanted to stop myself from immediately scrolling through TikTok first thing in the morning. I thought it would be a nice way to wake my brain up without filling it with random videos before I'd even properly started my day.

And honestly... the grandmas were onto something.

Crosswords are actually so much fun, and I find that I feel much more awake afterwards. It's become such a normal part of my morning now that I can't really imagine breakfast without one.

At the moment I do them on my phone, but I'd really love to get a physical crossword book someday. That way I could keep my phone completely out of my morning routine.

♡ my little tarot journal

Once I'm done with my crossword, I've recently started doing a little tarot journaling.

I got my first tarot deck recently because I wanted to learn how to read tarot, and I've been having so much fun with it so far. Every morning I pull one to three cards and write down what they mean in my journal.

I'm still very much a beginner and have a lot to learn, but I really like having this little creative ritual in the morning. It gives me a chance to slow down and think about the cards rather than just looking at them and moving on.

I also love that it gets me being creative right at the beginning of the day. There's something really nice about writing in a journal before getting caught up in everything else.

♡ getting ready for the day

Once breakfast is over, I finally head back to my room and get ready.

I do my skincare, and if I have plans for the day I'll do my makeup too. Then I get dressed, usually put on a little fragrance, tidy up anything that needs tidying, and I'm ready to actually start my day.

I think that's what I like most about having a morning routine. It's not necessarily about being productive every second after waking up. It's more about giving myself a little time to properly wake up before the day begins.

Music, stretching, a nice breakfast, my iced coffee, a crossword and a little tarot journal - nothing particularly complicated, but together they make my mornings feel so much more intentional. ♡

Dollies, do you have some kind of morning routines? if yes, what are your favorite parts of it? 

xoxo,
Lisa

9 comments:

  1. I’m more of a night owl rather than a morning person >~<
    So it’s fair to say that I start my mornings in the unhealthiest way possible: hit the snooze button five times, scroll on TikTok and skip breakfast!
    Maybe I should take a page out of your book ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hit the snooze button one more time while we're having a sleepover and i'll smack your ah TT

      Delete
  2. i want to try to get up earlier than i do and have more structured and chill routine ;-; i feel like im always rushing!! loved this post sm <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea i have to work on waking up earlier too haha ദ്ദി╥ ᴗ ╥)♡

      Delete
  3. I need a tiktok video of the morning routine !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait lowk you're onto something ദ്ദി(˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧

      Delete
  4. you should film a morning vlog! <3 :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I love the tarot journal <3
    i also got my very first tarot deck a few days ago- maybe I should a journal for that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely! i feel like it connects one to the tarot cards even more~

      Delete