♡ Music Player ♡

A cute little clickable music player for your blog! ♡
Click the iPod (or your chosen icon) to play or pause your song. πŸŽ€

iPod Music Player preview
♡ preview ♡
♡ by Sugar Kissed Letters ♡

♡ QUICK TUTORIAL ♡

01. choose your music player ♡

Find this part of the code:
src="PASTE YOUR MUSIC PLAYER IMAGE LINK HERE"

Replace it with the direct link to your desired GIF or PNG.


02. choose your song ♡

Find:
src="PASTE YOUR YOUTUBE EMBED LINK HERE"

Go to the YouTube video you want to use, click Share → Embed, and copy the video ID from the YouTube embed URL.

Then use it in this format:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXXXXX?enablejsapi=1&origin=YOUR-BLOG-URL-HERE

Replace YOUR-BLOG-URL-HERE with the URL of your own blog. ♡

Make sure you keep ?enablejsapi=1&origin=YOUR-BLOG-URL-HERE at the end of the link.


03. add the widget to your blog ♡

Go to Blogger → Layout → Add a Gadget → HTML/JavaScript and paste the entire music player code into the content box.

You can place the gadget in whichever section you'd like. I have mine in “footer-2-2”. πŸŽ€


04. that's it! ♡

Save your gadget and click your music player to play or pause your chosen song. πŸŽ€

♡ have fun decorating your blog! ♡

16 comments:

  1. don't hesitate to ask questions ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii my music wont play, this is the url i have "https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1WuPpDA5fo?si=LSrFlkVDMXw4GPyM" what's wrong with it? TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hii!! ♡ i think i see the problem! the youtube link you’re using has an extra ?si=... part at the end. try removing that part and just use this as your URL:

      https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1WuPpDA5fo

      Delete
  3. I can't get the music player to even pop up as a widget on my blog screen, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you add it through Blogger → Layout → Add a Gadget → HTML/JavaScript and paste the whole code into the content box? ♡

      i have mine placed in “footer-2-2”, but it should work in whichever section you want the player to appear! πŸ’— if you already did that and it still isn’t showing up, let me know xx

      Delete
    2. Yes! i tried this, but it messes up all my other gadgets and stuff, maybe I just can't do it sadly.

      Delete
    3. aww nooo TT ♡ i just had a look at your blog and i think it might be because you're using a different Blogger theme/layout than mine! the music player is made to work with the layout i'm using, so it might behave a little differently depending on the theme.

      I think this is why it's messing with your other gadgets! πŸ’—

      Delete
  4. Hii, sorry to bother you but my music wont play. This is the URL "https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7psAnInAcI?si=AL4op16lzfRWk6yS" can you help me please ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hii try to remove everthing from "?si=" so your URL should look like this ♡ : https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7psAnInAcI

      Delete
    2. i just checked the code again and i think i found what was causing the problem! the YouTube embed link also needs an origin that matches the blog the player is being used on, otherwise it can have trouble communicating with the YouTube player.

      i’ve updated the HTML code on the post now, so there are instructions for adding your own blog URL to the embed link! πŸ’— hopefully the updated version works for you now! xx ♡

      Delete
  5. Hey i don't want to be a bother but i've been trying to get the music to play when i press it and its not been working the URL ive been using is,
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/_WC9upNv0mE
    i removed everything from ?si= as i saw you telling others to do but im still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hii!! you're definitely not bothering me ♡

      the URL you're using is actually the right kind of YouTube embed link, but for the music player to work with the play/pause button, it also needs the 'enablejsapi=1' part and the 'origin' needs to match the blog you're using it on. ♡

      so instead of:
      https://www.youtube.com/embed/_WC9upNv0mE

      try:
      https://www.youtube.com/embed/_WC9upNv0mE?enablejsapi=1&origin=https://YOUR-BLOG-URL.blogspot.com

      just replace `YOUR-BLOG-URL` with your own blog's URL!
      I've also updated the code on the tutorial to make this a little clearer, because I realized the original instructions weren't explaining that part very well TTπŸ’—

      hopefully that gets it working for you!! and thank you for letting me know! ♡

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your help i really really appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. hi!!! I love that you added your codes. I am currently using this one, but I can't get the music to play and was hoping you could tell me what I am doing wrong. this is what I did: src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HtXOVKNazYU?si=AfKNEbos17Db6vea?enablejsapi=1&origin=https://dramaqueenangie.blogspot.com/
    "

    ReplyDelete