
a dolly 2000's autumn guide ♡
Dear dollies, ♡
It's officially time to welcome my favorite season. ~
There's something about autumn that feels especially magical when you romanticize it a little. The cooler mornings, knitted sweaters, warm drinks, golden leaves, cozy cafés, baking something sweet... it really is the perfect season for living out your own little 2000s romcom.
So I put together my little dolly 2000's autumn guide with all the things that make autumn feel extra cozy, nostalgic and feminine to me. ♡
♡ the big three
If you want to create the perfect autumn atmosphere, I truly believe you only need three things:
scented candles, coffee & lip gloss.
That's it. That's the formula. ୨୧
Light a candle, make yourself a warm drink, put on some music and add a little gloss - instantly gets you in the perfect mood.
♡ smell like autumn
Autumn is definitely the season for gourmand scents. Think cinnamon, vanilla, baked goods and anything warm and creamy.
I especially love vanilla during this time of year, and I've actually already made a whole post about some of my favourite vanilla scents if you want some fragrance inspiration. ♡
→ my favourite vanilla scents ♡
And of course, don't forget the candles! A warm cinnamon or caramel candle burning in the background instantly makes everything feel more cozy.
♡ wired headphones are back
Wired headphones are SO chic. There's something about them that captures the nostalgic early-2000s feeling perfectly. Put on your favorite playlist, plug in your little earphones and suddenly it feels like you're walking through the city in a 2000s movie.
Very simple. Very nostalgic. Very dolly. ♡
♡ bake something sweet
What's better than a sweet treat?
Exactly. Nothing.
Autumn is probably the best time to bake something warm, fluffy and comforting. Your whole kitchen smells amazing and you get to eat something delicious afterwards, it's a win-win.
Some of my autumn baking recommendations would be:
♡ cinnamon rolls
♡ chocolate chip cookies
♡ apple pie
♡ pumpkin pie
♡ banana bread
♡ anything with lots of vanilla, chocolate and cinnamon ~
Put on a cute apron and play some nostalgic music while you bake. It doesn't get much cozier than that.
♡ cafés & libraries
One of my favorite ways to spend an autumn afternoon is going somewhere warm outside of the house.
Find a cute local coffee shop or library, bring a book, order something warm and just take your time.
There's something so comforting about sitting by a window with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa while it's cold outside. Add a good book and maybe your headphones playing softly in the background and you've basically created the perfect autumn afternoon. ♡
♡ dress dolly
I'll be making a whole separate post dedicated to 2000s autumn fashion, so you'll have to wait a little longer for that one. ୨୧
But in the meantime, if you're looking for some inspiration, you should definitely check out this beautiful autumn fashion guide by the Princess Guide:
→ a princess's guide to autumn: ep.2 fashion
It's the perfect source of inspiration for creating that dreamy autumn wardrobe. ♡
♡ glossy lips, always
As the weather gets colder, keeping your lips glossy and nourished is essential.
I always carry a lip balm with me, and right now my favourite is the Labello x Bridgerton Vanilla Biscuit lip balm. Unfortunately it's limited edition, which makes me so sad because I absolutely love it. TT had to stack up on it before it's gone..
And of course, after the lip balm comes the lip gloss. ~
A sparkly, juicy gloss is basically an autumn essential in my book. I want my lips to look soft, glossy and hydrated even when the weather is getting colder.

♡ go fall shopping
Autumn is also the perfect excuse to go shopping and refresh your wardrobe a little.
You don't even have to buy anything - making a cute wishlist and collecting inspiration is half the fun.
I'm actually planning on making a little wishlist / essentials gadget for the blog soon, so I'll share that once it's ready!
♡ consume 2000s media
And finally, probably the most important part of the guide:
Watch 2000s movies, listen to the music, rewatch your favourite shows and let yourself get completely absorbed in the nostalgia.
Some of my picks:
♡ The Princess Diaries
♡ Legally Blonde
♡ The Vampire Diaries
♡ 13 Going on 30
♡ Freaky Friday
♡ Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
♡ Gilmore Girls
♡ Gossip Girl
♡ Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
You can also find my own autumn playlist over on the side of the blog if you want something to listen to while you're reading. ♡
♡ my autumn inspiration
And because no autumn guide would be complete without a little visual inspiration, I've put together a Pinterest board with all the cozy, nostalgic and dolly autumn things that have been inspiring me lately. ~
I think the best part about autumn is that you really don't need much to make it feel special.
So romanticize the little things, dollies. Light the candle. Put on the lip gloss. Order the coffee. Wear the cute outfit.
And most importantly, enjoy the season. ♡
xoxo,
Lisa

thanks for the guide !!
ReplyDelete💋💋
DeleteBest szn ever!! Such a cute guide - I love!! Love from https://gracezplace.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletetysm doll <33
DeleteI totally disagree about the wired-earphones part 🎧✧ I can’t wait to get a new pair of AirPods ౨ৎ♡ But TVD really is the best autumn show ever 🍂🧛♀️⋆。°✩ I’m on my second rewatch right now, and it never gets old ♡
ReplyDelete